Nov 5, 2010

Fall Recess

Fall recess was an enjoyable time for me, it was a time for my family to snuggle under our blankets and to watch movies. It was a time for me to enjoy a break from school.

My break was fun filled and had two major festivals. Halloween and Diwali. Diwali is on the 4th and 5th, and is also known as the Festival of Lights. Yesterday my family and I, just briefly, got to celebrate the Festival of Lights in its true way. We lit sparklers, creating a full-of-celebration ambiance. Today morning my family gathered for a 2 hour long prayer session honoring all the gods. After, we enjoyed delicious sweets and food.

Now we will have another celebration and this time it will be more then just sparklers, this time will enjoy a huge ceremony with friends.  
 

2 comments:

  1. Wolw nice blog. I have heard a about Diwali. It seems like a really good holliday. How long have you celebrated it? Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have celebrated it for 11 years..that's how old I am!

    ReplyDelete